I, the Mountain is an alternative-folk trio hailing from culture-rich Peterborough, Ontario, consisting of three Trent University Students, Matt Lamers, MattRappolt and Matt Morgan. After breaking into the local music scene, securing weekly slots at a number of Peterborough pubs and music halls, I, the Mountain entered The Sound Distillery Studio in Kitchener/Waterloo to record with Dave Houde and William Muir. The result was Land & Sea, a six-song concept album that marries raw acoustic melodies with catchy, upbeat rhythms and gentle harmonies. The band has since signed to New Jersey record label, Mint 400 Records, and will re-release Land & Sea on Sep.10, 2013.
McCafferty 's recent EP, Forest Life, is one of The Alternative Tone's favourite releases so far this year. I caught up with Nick to get a track-by-track on the EP, in order to give us more insight into McCafferty's fabulous imagery and lyrical themes. Jeff There was a girl I was friends with in high school named Becky and she was in a relationship with this guy from freshman year until last summer, when their relationship fell apart she told me it happened really fast, that's why the song is so short. I wanted to explore the aspect of a relationship with so much feeling that just ends abruptly and the emptiness that you feel after. I've had people message me and say they wish Jeff was longer, but that's the exact reason I made it so short. Snakes I wrote "Snakes" with the mindset of making a song that sort of pokes fun at all these dogs out there in the DIY scene about smoking and partying, it's really simplistic in the lyrics b...
Comments
Post a Comment